A simple childhood favourite. Light and airy vanilla sponge rolled with jam into an eye catching swirl.
1. Whisk egg whites and half the sugar until firm peaks.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks and remaining sugar until a ribbon forms when the beaters are lifted.
3. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt and stir into yolk mixture.
4. Add in egg whites and fold through.
5. Pour into swiss roll pan and bake. Cool for ten minutes, then invert onto sugar coated tea towel. Remove paper and roll into tea towel.
6. Once completely cool, unroll from tea towel, spread with jam and re-roll, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate to set. Then serve
Simple hands on time to make. This makes the perfect afternoon snack or make ahead dessert.
TAP BELOW FOR THE RECIPE!