A simple childhood favourite. Light and airy lemon sponge rolled with jraspberry jam and cream into an eye catching swirl.
1. Whisk egg whites until soft peaks.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar lemon zest and vanilla extract until a ribbon forms when the beaters are lifted.
3. Sift in half lour, and add half the whipped egg whites into the bowl with egg yolks. Fold until combined.
4. Add remaining flour, baking powder and salt and remaining egg whites and mix until combined.
5. Pour into swiss roll pan and bake. Cool for ten minutes, then invert onto sugar coated tea towel. Remove paper and roll into tea towel.
6. Once completely cool, unroll from tea towel, spread with jam and re-roll, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate to set. Then serve
Simple hands on time to make. This makes the perfect afternoon snack or make ahead dessert.
TAP BELOW FOR THE RECIPE!