The ultimate guide on Choux Pastry. With a crisp exterior and buttery interior, this recipe forms the base of all the classic desserts we love such as profiteroles, éclairs and cream puffs.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
1. Water, milk, butter, sugar and salt heated until the butter melts and sugar has dissolved. Then the mixture is heated until boiling.
2. Flour is sifted into the mixture, mixed in and heated until it forms a ball.
3. After cooling, a thin stream of whisked eggs is added whilst beating the dough.
4. The doughs beaten.
5. The perfect consistency is a thick, smooth and shiny dough of pipeable consistency.
It hangs off a beater in a V. Perfection!
6. Pipe choux batter in rounds on a baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes- do not open the door!
Check out the recipe for more ideas on how to fill the choux buns and troubleshooting tips.
TAP BELOW FOR THE RECIPE!