These Chocolate Granola Bars are wholesome, filled with dates and maple syrup as a sweetener and toasted oats and hazelnuts. Chewy, moist and delicious.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
1. Lay oats on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
2. Toast hazelnuts in the oven at the same time as the oats until lightly golden and fragrant. Rub the nuts with a tea towel until the skins flake off. Coarsley chop half of them.
3. Make date paste by adding dates, maple syrup, peanut butter, whole hazelnuts, coconut oil, water and salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth.
4. Add toasted hazelnuts oats and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and mix. Add in date paste and work together until fully combined. Use your fingers if you have to!
5. Add granola mixture into a lined baking pan and smooth out until an even layer.
6. Once chilled, slice into bars and drizzle with melted dark chocolate.