These irresistible Viennese Whirl Sandwich Cookies will become a firm family favourite. Melt in your mouth shortbread is teamed with vanilla buttercream and raspberry jam for a delectable cookie!
COOKIE INGREDIENTS YOU"LL NEED
FILLING INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
1. Cream together butter and sugar in a stand mixer, until pale and fluffy.
2. Sift in cornflour and flour and mix until just combined.
3. Scoop batter into piping bag fitted with open star nozzle.
4. Pipe whirls onto baking tray. Tip: use two hands to squeeze as the dough is thick.
5. Bake until golden brown around the edges.
6. Beat buttercream ingredients until pale and creamy and of a pipeable consistency.
7. Pipe around of buttercream on the underside of half the cookies. Then pipe the jam over the buttercream. Lastly place another cookie over the top and press together gently.