Sweet Short Crust Pastry stamped into heart shapes and filled with raspberry jam, fresh raspberries and white chocolate, then baked to golden perfection
1. After making your pastry and letting it chip in the fridge for 1 hour, roll out and stamp out hearts with a cookie cutter
2. Place half of the hearts onto a baking tray. These are the hand pie bases.
3. Punch small steam holes in the remaining hearts. These are the hand pie tops.
4. Brush edges of the heart bases on the baking tray with egg wash
5. Spoon 1 tablespoon chopped white chocolate into each base
6. Divide jam and fresh raspberries onto of the white chocolate
7. Place a pastry heart top over the jam and press around the edges with your fingers
8. Using the tines of a fork, seal shut the edges of the heart
9. Brush the tops of the hearts with remaining egg wash
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden