Traditional crêpes served with sweetened whipped cream and roasted strawberries. A perfect treat for Mother's Day
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED French Crêpes Strawberries Vanilla paste Sugar Double cream Icing sugar
1. Make crêpes by mixing flour, salt, sugar and lemon zest in mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and cold water together.
3. Pour wet mixture into dry slowly whilst whisking continuously to create a smooth batter.
4. Fry a ladle of crêpes in a non-stick frying pan for 1-2 minutes on one side, flip, then 30-60 seconds on the other side until golden and set.
5. Toss strawberries, sugar and vanilla bean paste and roast in 180C oven for 20 minutes until soft and fragrant.
6. Whip cream with icing sugar and vanilla bean paste until soft peaks. Serve crepes with sweetened cream and roasted strawberries.