Tander light scones with a flakey interior and golden crunchy exterior. Filled with juicy sultanas, these are perfect for afternoon tea.
1. Add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and mix together.
2. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl, add cream and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
3. Rub butter into flour until it has the texture of bread crumbs with some larger chunks of butter remaining.
4. Add in the sultanas and toss in flour and mix through.
5. Add in milk mixture and use a fork to combine. The dough will be quite shaggy.
6. Turn dough out onto floured surface, knead a couple of times. Press into a disc and gently roll till one inch thick. Stamp out rounds with a cookie cutter.
7. Refrigerate wedges for 30 minutes, brush with egg wash and bake for 15 minutes until golden.