A crumbly rich tart base, topped with lightened pastry cream and macerated strawberries, makes this a delightful tart for any occasion.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED FOR THE TART BASE
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED FOR THE LIGHTENED PASTRY CREAM
1. Cream sugar and butter together until pale. Add in egg yolks and mix together.
2. Add flour and mix until dough starts to form. Use hands to shape dough into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out into a disc, place ring of a springform pan over it and cut out round. Discard scraps.
4. Bake at 180C/350F with the pan ring around it. Cool fr ten minutes then release springform ring and lift off. Cool base completely.
5. Make pastry cream. Heat milk with vanilla beans and pod. In separate bowl, whisk yolks and sugar and then stream in hot milk.
6. Add mixture back into saucepan and heat on low until thickened.
7. Cool pastry cream, then refrigerate until cold. Whip cream until firm peaks in a separate bowl, then fold the two together.
8. Pipe cream onto tart base and decorate with macerated strawberries.