The perfect brownie with chewy edges and a fudgey centre. This small batch brownie is filled with luscious caramel sauce for extra decadence.
1. Add caramel onto a piece of oiled parchment paper and freeze.
2. Add chocolate and butter to a bowl set over simmering water, stir until fully melted.
3. Add white and light brown sugar to melted chocolate and stir until combined.
4. Add in egg and yolk and beat with handheld electric beaters.
5. Mixture should be thickened and fall off the beaters in ribons.
6. Sift into the batter the flour, cocoa powder and salt and fold through until combined.
7. Pour half the batter into a parchment paper lined loaf pan and level with an offset spatula. Add the frozen caramel.
Cover with remaining batter and bake for 22 minutes. Remove from pan and drizzle with caramel and sprinkle over flaked salt.