This Black Forest Pavlova combines soft billowy meringue, topped with chocolate whipped cream, juicy fresh cherries, and a sweet Kirsh cherry sauce.
1. While egg whites until soft peaks form.
2. Spoon in sugar one tablespoon at a time making sure sugar is incorporated before adding the next. Then whisk for 5 more minutes.
3. Add lemon juice and cornflour and whisk until smooth, thick and shiny.
4. Dollop meringue out onto lined baking tray and shape into a heaped circle. Bake for 2 hours. Cool in oven.
5. Make cherry sauce by simmering water, sugar, kirsch and cherries until softened. Mash the cherries. Pass through a sieve discarding the pulp
6. Pour melted chocolate over top of meringue and brush gently around the top. Let cool completely. Find our why we do this in the recipe post. Link above.
7. Top mering with chocolate whipped cream, fresh cherries and cherry sauce.