Classic mince pies made with butter pastry and fruit filling with the twist of a frangipane almond top. Perfect mini pies for Christmas.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
1. Make your all butter pastry. Once chilled in the fridge for one hour, rollout to the thickness of a coin. Stamp out rounds of dough with a cookie cutter.
2. Lightly flour a cupcake pan. Gently press one round of dough into each mould of the cupcake pan.
3. Fill 3/4 full with fruit mince pie filling
4. Make frangipane cream filling. Pipe using a sandwich bad of spoon almond cream over the fruit filling.
5. Sprinkle flaked almonds over the almond cream and bake for 25 minutes until the pastry is crisp and frangipane is golden.
6. Dust in icing sugar and serve warm or cold and plain or with cream, custard or ice cream.