Short, buttery, tender shortbread wedges that melt-in-your mouth when bitten into. Flavoured with lemon and decorated in a tangy lemon glaze, this shortbread is super easy to make and totally delicious!
1.Rub the lemon zest and sugar together.
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale.
2. Sift in flour and add in salt. Beat until the dough just starts to come together. It will start to clean the sides of the bowl
3. Use your hands to squeeze the dough together to form a cohesive lump, and shape into a disc
4. Add dough to a 9-inc tart pan and press into the base.
5. Once flattened, indent the shortbread all the way around the edge.
6. Cut 12 wedges in the unbaked shortbread dough.
7. Bake for 30 minutes until golden, re-cut score lines, cool completely then decorate with lemon glaze.