Buttery soft shortbread crumble base and topping filled with a sweet lemon-blueberry filling. This makes the perfect snack, dessert and sweet treat all rolled into one.
1. Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and mix together.
2. Add in chopped cold unsalted butter and and toss through the dry mix until the butter is coated.
3. Rub the butter between your fingers with the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add in the egg yolk and mix together with a spoon. then squeeze the mix together until it starts to clump.
5. Into a baking pan lined with greaseproof paper, pour half the crumble mix into the pan. Use a cup to flatten the base until smooth.
6. Add blueberries, sugar, cornflour and lemon zest and juice juice into a bowl and mix together.
7. Pour blueberry filling over the base and smooth out.
8. Top with remaining crumble. Then bake for 30 minutes at 180C. Leave to cool to room temperature before removing from the pan and slicing.