A light and tender vanilla cupcake is filled with sweetened whipped cream and your favourite strawberry jam. These Victoria Sponge Cupcakes make the perfect addition to your Queen's Jubilee celebrations or for a simple afternoon tea.
1. Beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. About three minutes.
2. Add eggs in one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla extract and mix through. Scrape down the base and sides of the bowl periodically.
3. Sift the flour into the bowl and mix on low until a few flour streaks remain.
4. Add in milk and fold through until combined
5. Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly between the ice cream cases. Bake in a 160C/32F preheated oven for 18-25 minutes until golden and baked through.
6. Once completely cool, remove paper liners and slice cupcakes in half.
7. Pipe whipped cream and then jam over the bottom half of each cupcake. The place top half of the cupcake onto the jam. Serve!