Brown butter vanilla shell-shaped cakes. A French iconic pastry that is both easy to make and unbelievably tasty.
1. Brown butter first in a saucepan set over medium heat. Melt butter until foaming and the butter has turned a deep golden brown.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip eggs and sugar until thick and pale. It should run ribbons off a whisk.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix on low until a few flour streaks remain.
4. Slowly pour in melted butter and fold through batter.
5. Cover batter with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours minimum or over night.
6. Prepare pans whilst the oven is preheating. Brush the molds with melted butter and then sprinkle with flour - then tap out the excess.
7. Fill the shell depressions in the molds with one tablespoon of batter and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and the centre springs back.