This easy-to-make Roasted Grape Lemon Mascarpone Tart combines buttery shortcrust pastry with creamy lemon whipped mascarpone and the fruity, sweet flavours of roasted grapes. It's a perfectly balanced, delicious Summer tart!
1. Make the sweet shortcrust pastry. Sift into a bowl the flour, powdered icing sugar and salt. Add in the cubbed, cold butter and toss in the flour. Use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour mix.
2. Add in the the sugar and mix through. Then add the water a little bit at a time, bringing the dough together as you go. Add a touch more water if it feels dry.
3. Tip out the dough onto a floured surface and bring it together with your hands. Knead just a couple of times and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Roll dough out and place in the tart tin so that it overhangs the sides. Press into the side of the tin and trim the edges. Dock the base with a fork.
5. Line with parchment paper and baking beans and bake at 180C (350F) for 15 minutes. Remove paper and baking beans and bake for a further 15 minutes until golden and fully baked.
6. Beat mascarpone filling ingredients in a bowl until combined.
7. Fill tart base with mascarpone cream, smooth a=out and refrigerate.
8. Roast grapes tossed in honey for 15 mins.
8. Top mascarpone tart with roasted grapes and juice.