Luscious thick caramel coats the outside of tart green apples. Dipped in your choice of topping elevates these to Gourmet Apple status.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
1.Prepare apples by dunking in hot water then drying well with a tea towel to remove the wax.
2. Push popsicle sticks into the apples and place on a lined baking tray and refrigerate whilst you make the caramel.
3. Melt the butter and add the remaining ingredients. Stir until melted.
4. Bring to the boil and continue to bubble away until the temperature reaches 115C/240F.
5. Cool the caramel until it thickens and then dip each apple into the caramel letting the excess drip off.
6. If decorating immediately dip or roll into the toppings before the caramel hardens. Set aside onto the lined baking tray and refrigerate to set. Then enjoy!