Soft buttery lemon sponge with crispy edges and filled with crunchy poppy seeds. Dipped in a tangy lemon glaze, these French delicacies are a delight.
powdered icing sugar
1. Whip eggs, sugar and lemon zest together for 4 minutes until pale and thick.
2. Add in lemon juice and poppy seeds and mix until combined
3. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt onto egg mixture and whisk until combined.
4. Pour in melted butter and fold through with a rubber spatula.Refrigerate batter for 1 hour minimum.
5. Prepare your madeleines pans. Brush with melted butter then dust with flour and knock out any excess. Refrigerate pans until ready to use.
6. Divide batter evenly between shell moulds and bake in pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes.
7. Place madeleines onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
8. Whisk together lemon glaze and dip shell side of madeleines into the glaze. set aside until set and enjoy.