Classic French Butter Cookies (Sablé Breton Cookies), are made with salted butter making the sweet/salty combination irresistible in this short, crumbly cookie. They'll be a family favourite in no time.
1. Beat butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until pale and creamy. Add in egg yolks and beat for 1 minute until combined.
2. Sift in flour and add flaked sea salt. Beat until dough starts to come together.
3. Squeeze dough together with your hands into a rough ball.
4. For dough into a rough disc and wrap well in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
5. Roll out cookie dough and stamp out rounds with a cookie cutter. Place rounds on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
6. Mark cookie dough tops with the tines of a fork and brush with egg wash. Bake for 15 minutes until golden on the top and sides.
These make a fantastic cookie for the Holiday Season and gift giving. They store and transport brilliantly!
TAP BELOW FOR THE RECIPE!