Oatmeal brown butter shortbread crumble base and topping filled with a sweet peach filling. This Peach Crumble Bar recipe is perfect for Summer baking.
1. Add oats, flour, sugar, brown sugar, oats, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and mix together.
2. Pour in browned butter and stir. Then add in chopped cold unsalted butter and and toss through the dry mix until the butter is coated.
3. Mixture should resembles breadcrumbs. Add in the beaten egg and mix together.
4. Into a baking pan lined with greaseproof paper, pour half the crumble mix into the pan. Use a cup to flatten the base until smooth.
5. Slice peaches and nectaries.
6. Add stone fruit, sugar, cornflour and lemon zest and lemon juice into a bowl and mix together
7. Pour peach filling over the base and smooth out. Add remaining crumble over the top.
8. Back for 30 minutes until the crumble is golden and the peach filling is bubbling.