These classic Ginger Snap Cookies are easy to make, come together quickly and are filled with heavenly ginger flavour.
With the quintessential snap when broken, these perfectly spiced cookies will remind you of days gone by.
1. Add butter, light brown sugar and granulated sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment and cream on high for five minutes
2. Add in egg, golden syrup and molasses and mix again
3. Sift in flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves
4. Mix dry ingredients together until a dough forms
6. Scoop out cookie dough and roll into balls in the palm of your hands. Weigh each ball for evenly sized cookies
7. Roll cookie dough balls in sugar (optional)
8. Place balls onto a lined baking tray with lots of space between as they will spread
8. Bake for 14-16 minutes until golden and cracked