A simple vanilla loaf cake. Moist and tender from the oil and yogurt, the French recipe is traditional cake passed down through the generations.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED sugar lemon zest eggs vanilla extract yogurt oil flour baking powder salt
1. Add lemon zest to the sugar and rub together to release the oils. Add eggs and whisk for a minute until pale and fluffy.
2. Add yogurt and oil to the mixture and whisk until combined.
3. Sift in salt, baking powder and salt. Fold through until a few flour streaks remain.
4. Pour into baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 180C/35F for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the centre comes out with a few moist crumbs.
5. Baked loaf is golden when done. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan.