A sweet, tender sponge cake filled with juicy blackcurrants and topped with crunchy almonds. Perfect for afternoon tea snack.
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and airy.
2. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Mix until combined.
3. Sift in half the flour, baking powder and salt and mix till combined.
4. Mix in sour cream and vanilla extract.
5.Toss blackcurrants into remaining flour. Add to batter and fold through.
6. Spoon into prepped pan and level off. Top with blackcurrants, flaked almond and coarse sugar. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
7. Bake until golden.