Chewy cookies with a slightly crisp edge are stuffed full of milk chocolate, crispy shelled Easter mini eggs providing sweetness and crunch. Dark chocolate chunks melt into oozing puddles resulting in the best Easter cookies.
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, light brown sugar and white sugar until pale and fluffy - about four minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, one ant a time, mixing well after each addition.
2. Scrape the base and sides of the bowl. Sift in the flour and baking powder and add in the salt, mix until combined. Chop 2/3's of the mini eggs finely and add them in with the chopped dark chocolate, and mix until evenly incorporated. Chop the remaining eggs into larger pieces and set aside.
3. Scoop the cookie dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Then refrigerate for 1 hour minimum. Whilst the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Place dough balls with a couple of inches between them onto a lined baking tray and bake in preheated oven. At the 9 minute mark, remove the tray and divide the remaining chopped mini eggs between the cookies, pushing the eggs into the dough slightly. Return the tray to the oven to bake for another 5 minutes or so.
4. Once baked, remove the tray from the oven. If you want perfectly round cookies, then use a larger cookie cutter to hula hoop around the cookie. They have to be hot from the oven to shape. Let cool on the tray for ten minutes and then transfer to a wire wrack to cool completely.
5. Your mini egg cookies are now ready to eat. Try stopping at one!!
Enjoy! Head to www.emmaduckworthbakes.com for more delicious dessert recipes.
Sweet and delicious