Soft and fluffy Brioche Donut Rings fried to golden perfection and dipped in a delicious blackberry glaze.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
1. Add yeast to bowl of warm milk with sugar and let bloom for 15 minutes. Then add to a mixer with flour, salt and eggs and mix. Add butter in, tablespoon at a time, whilst mixing continuously until a dough forms.
2. Beat dough in mixer until smooth, glossy, stretchy and starts to form a ball around the dough hook and pull away from the edges. Need on a work surface by hand and stretch corners and fold into the centre.
3. Let rise in a well oiled bowl for one hour or until doubled in size. Refrigerate for 1 hour then roll out on a floured surface
4. Using cookie cutters, stamp out rounds and then using a mini cutter, stamp a hole in the centre. Let the dough rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
5. Heat oil in cast iron pot and fry donuts until golden on each side.
6. Heat blackberries in a saucepan until softened. Push through a sieve keeping the juice. Mix with lemon juice and icing sugar to make the blackberry glaze. Dip donuts in glaze and sprinkle with pearl sugar. Enjoy!