Light, chocolate sponge layered with a smooth, light and tangy raspberry mousse. Topped with fresh raspberries and chocolate shavings, this cake is a Valentine’s Day dream
1. Whip egg yolks and cream until pale and thick. Add melted dark chocolate and mix until combined.
2. Sift in dry ingredients into whipped egg yolk mixture, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3. Fold together dry ingredients into the egg yolk mixture. It will look thick.
4. Whisk egg whites and sugar until firm peaks form.
5. Fold egg whites into chocolate egg yolk mixture until combine. Pour into a springform pan lined with parchment paper and bake.
6. Make the raspberry mousse. Been raspberries and pass puree through a sieve, discarding seeds.
7. Add gelatine to lemon juice and set aside for 5 minutes, then add to saucepan with raspberry puree and sugar. Heat on low until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
8. Whip cream until soft peaks form and add to raspberry puree and fold through until combined.
9. Pour raspberry mousse over the chocolate layer and smooth with an offset spatular. Refrigerate for 4 hours minimum.