Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies are the perfect holiday cookie for the festive season. A tender, buttery shortbread is flavoured with fresh orange zest, studded with tangy dried cranberry pieces and dipped in a sweet orange glaze. These bring the perfect amount of Christmas cheer!
1. Rub orange zest and sugar together to obtain maximum flavour
2. Cream together butter and sugar for 4 minutes until pale
3. Add flour and cranberries
4. Mix dry ingredients together until a dough forms
6. Shape the dough into a disc with your hands then roll out on a lightly floured surface
7. Stamp out cookie shapes with a floured cookie cutter
8. Add cutouts to a baking sheet and refrigerate
8. Bake for ten minutes until golden around the edges
8. Dip cookies into an orange glaze, leave to set for 15 minutes and enjoy!