Tender, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth Christmas Tree Shaped Shortbread Cookies. Decorated in an eye-catching green buttercream to compliment the trees.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
1. Cream butter and sugar and vanilla extract together until pale and creamy. Add in flour and salt and beat until a dough starts to form.
2. Bring the dough together in the bowl by squeezing it with your hands. Form it into a rough disc.
3. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface and stamp out cookies with a tree shaped cutter. Bring together left over dough and repeat the process.
4. Lay cookie cut outs on a lined baking tray and refrigerate for a good 30 minutes. Pre-heat the oven. Once baked, allow to cool completely.
5. Make the buttercream. Beat butter in bowl for a good 5 minutes. Add in extract and icing sugar and beat until creamy and fluffy. And in milk to loosen it if it's too thick. Divide buttercream between three bowls and add green food gel and mix to desired colour. Fill piping bag.
6. Pipe blobs of dark green buttercream then use the back of a spoon or fork to smear them upwards. Continue with more buttercream.
7. Use a combination of light and dark green butter cream with a little white at the top. Decorate with sprinkles. Let the buttercream harden for 1 hour.