Soft and fluffy Brioche Dough braided with decadent caramel sauce and toasted pecans. It makes an eye stopping breakfast or afternoon snack.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
1. Add yeast to bowl of warm milk with sugar and let bloom for 15 minutes. Then add to a mixer with flour, salt and eggs and mix. Add butter in, tablespoon at a time, whilst mixing continuously until a dough forms.
2. Beat dough in mixer until smooth, glossy, stretchy and starts to form a ball around the dough hook and pull away from the edges. Need on a work surface by hand and stretch corners and fold into the centre.
3. Let rise in a well oiled bowl for one hour or until doubled in size. Punch down. Refrigerate for 1 hour then roll out on a floured surface
4. Cover dough in caramel sauce and chopped pecans.
5. Roll dough from the long side into a tight roll with the seam down.
6. One inch from the top, slice the roll in half exposing the internal layers. Fold the layers one over the other, working your way down until it's fully braided.
7. Twist the braid so the two ends meet and place on a lined baked tray in a war place for 45 mins to proof. Brush with egg wash then bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve with an extra drizzle of caramel sauce.