The ultimate Thanks giving Tart. Flaky all-butter pastry filled with a caramel gooey pecan filling. This tart is heavenly!
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED pastry tart base eggs melted butter brown sugar golden syrup vanilla extract salt pecans
1. Make the pastry. Rub butter into flour and salt until it resembles bread crumbs with larger pieces. Add in half the water and toss through until the dough starts to clump. Add more sparingly and bring the dough together with your hands.
2. Bring dough together in a rough ball, then shape into a disc. Wrap dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes
3. Roll dough out, place in tart pan, press dough into fluted edges, trim excess dough. Refrigerate again for 1 hour.
4. Prick base with tines of fork, cover with parchment paper and fill with pie weights. Bake for 15 minutes then remove paper and weights, brush base with egg wash and bake again for 5 minutes.
5. Make Pecan Filling. Whisk eggs together. Add in remaining filling ingredients (except the whole pecan halves). Whisk until combined.
6. Pour filling into tart base, decorate with pecan halves and bake for 40-45 minutes until filling is just set.
7. Let the tart cool to room temperature before baking. Slice and enjoy!