Sweet short crust pastry tart shell filled with an almond cream filling and topped with beautifully arranged plum slices. Simpler to make than you may think- this tart is a stunner!
1. Make the sweet shortcrust pastry. Sift into a bowl the flour, powdered icing sugar and salt. Add in the cubbed, cold butter and toss in the flour. Use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour mix.
2. Add in the the sugar and mix through. Then add the water a little bit at a time, bringing the dough together as you go. Add a touch more water if it feels dry.
3. Tip out the dough onto a floured surface and bring it together with your hands. Knead just a couple of times and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Divide dough into 6 pieces. Roll each piece out and place in the tart tin so that it overhangs the sides. Press into the side of the tin and trim the edges. Dock the base with a fork.
5. Line with parchment paper and baking beans and bake at 180C (350F) for 10 minutes. Remove paper and baking beans and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until golden.
6. Make frangipane filling. Cream sugar and butter together. Then add in the eggs and mix.
7. Spread frangipane filling into the base of the tart shell.
8. Slice plums in half, de-stone and thinly slice the plum halves. Arrange the slices around the edges of the tart pan working your way in.
8. Bake for 45 minutes until the plums and caramelised on the edges and the pastry is golden.