Freshly sliced juicy mango and passion fruit top this sensational dessert making it as tasty as it is beautiful.
The meringue layers are light as a cloud and topped with lashings of softly whipped cream combined with crème fraîche.
1. Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
2. Spoon in sugar one tablespoon at a time making sure sugar is incorporated before adding the next. Then whisk for 5 more minutes.
3. Add lemon juice and cornflour and whisk until smooth, thick and shiny.
4. Dollop meringue out onto two lined baking trays and shape into discs. Bake for 1.5 hours. Cool in oven.
5. Add cream, icing sugar and lime zest to a bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Add creme fraiche and fold through.
6. Assemble. Place one meringue disc on you serving plate, evenly spread half the whipped cream. Spoon over half the passion fruit pulp. Repeat with remaining meringue and cream.
7. Decorate with mango slices and remaining passion fruit.