This rustic, homemade Apple and Pear Pie makes the perfect Fall dessert for Thanksgiving or for your Holiday gathering. Lightly spiced, the apples and pears are juicy and caramelised with brown sugar. The pastry encasing the pie it buttery and flakey. A perfect match!
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
1. Add the flour, salt and butter to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the butter is the size of large peas.
2. Stream in half the water and pulse until the dough starts to clump. Don't add all the water.
3. Turn out onto a counter top and bring the dough together with your hands. Divide into two a wrap the dough discs in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour minimum.
4. Roll out dough to 12in in diameter, place in pie pan and press into base, trim edges.
5. Toss sliced apples and pears with other filling ingredients until coated.
6. Fill pie crust base with pie filling tucking slices in snugly. Mound in the centre.
7. Roll second disc into a circle, place over the filling and trim. Crimp edges and refrigerate whilst oven heats. Egg wash top and sprinkle with sugar.